Lab Fit navigates sector-wide component shortages to complete conversion of an existing first-floor office space into new labs and offices.

Lab Fit navigates sector-wide component shortages to complete conversion of an existing first-floor office space into new labs and offices.

Our team assisted Aeropak in the conversion of an existing first-floor office space into new labs and offices. The company manufactures a large volume and variety of pharmaceutical products, medical devices and cosmetics which require modern, state-of-the-art facilities.
 

We were commissioned over three months to change all aspects of the space following a design process undertaken in collaboration with the client – something that is all-important for us.

 
There was a small programme overrun due to a sector-wide component shortage, but good communication with the client throughout and a strong working relationship allowed us to mitigate this issue as far as possible.
 
Allowing the client to get equipment and items brought into the space before practical completion was one such measure which helped us to overcome the supply issues that threatened to cause a longer delay.
 
Before the conversion, the approximately 270 sqm space, was predominantly an open-plan office with a small kitchen and two small WCs.
 
Following the initial strip-out of the building, almost every aspect was refurbished. The walls, floors, ceilings, kitchen, building services and other areas were revamped and repurposed for their new use.
 
 

 

We also made additions throughout the build to upgrade the existing building in all ways. New doors, vinyl flooring and floor tiles, a dumb waiter room, a Nederman LEV air handling system, electrics and a plumbing system were added.

 
Furthermore, new solid wall partitions were installed to rearrange the floor space to the client’s specifications.
 
Once the structure and services were complete, we moved on to the fixtures and fittings including perimeter and peninsula benching made of Trespa worktops, sinks, fixed ducted fume cupboards and a powder containment cabinet for working with powders safely.
 
To make sure everything was installed safely into the overall scheme, we worked closely with the client’s data and fire safety teams at all stages.
 
 
Overall, this was a complex, satisfying project that led to a fantastic end result for the client. We’re proud of the work done to make the space fit their needs and to fulfil their ambitions with creativity, attention to detail and hard work.
 
 
We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. By clicking “Accept All”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent.
Manage consent