Client was looking to take on a lease for a two storey 870 sqm office to convert into labs and offices. The requirement was to convert the upstairs into a large open plan lab, with a series of smaller rooms to incorporate offices and dissection rooms. Downstairs was to be offices with a Goods-In and Reception area. The client also wanted to future-proof the building so that if the requirement arose, they could convert the downstairs into labs. We were commissioned to do the work over a 3-month period with an initial budget agreed after developing the design and scope of works.
- First Floor
- New glazed partitions were installed around the perimeter of the main lab to for smaller working areas and management office.
- One small lab had a dissection table that was ducted to the roof and terminated 3m above the roof height. The other dissection desks had recirculating fans and no duct work was required. All dissection tables (7-off) required cold water and waste which was installed by us.
- We supplied and installed the benching to the client’s spec which included fixed & mobile benching (Trespa worktops) throughout. The mobile benches offered the client flexibility in the layout and for relocating equipment to suit any future changes to their processes and requirements.
- Sinks were supplied and connected by us. Other utilities were installed for other specialist equipment that the client required.
- New ceiling grid was added upstairs along with led panel lights.
- The floor was boarded with plywood and Polyflor vinyl was laid with cap and coving throughout.
- The old toilets were ripped out and redesigned by our interior designer along with the downstairs toilets.
- Vinyl was laid down the staircase with new nose runners on the stairs. This led into the new reception area.
- Ground floor
- This is where the offices currently are. New glass partitions were installed to provide additional office areas and working area for slide preparation and sorting. Two large windows were removed, and new doors were installed to create a goods in area.
- New ceiling tiles were installed and fully carpeted using carpet tiles. A new kitchen was installed along with seating area.
- We supplied and installed all the office furniture & fittings.
- HVAC was required to both floors. In order to comply with regs, and client requirements for future-proofing (downstairs into potential labs), 6 ACH were required throughout.
- All the doors had electronic swipe cards installed with control via central computer.
- All M&E was tested, and commissioning certificates were passed to building control and client.
- New fire and smoke detectors were added to comply with new layout and regs.
- The whole building (internally) was painted and decorated.
- New Electrics & Plumbing services throughout.
- The project was completed on time, and on budget – including several variations added by the client.